|What is ADD?|
Attention Deficit Disorder, or ADD/ADHD, is a psychological term currently applied to anyone who meets the DSM IV diagnostic criteria for impulsivity, hyperactivity and/or inattention. The diagnostic criteria are subjective and include behavior which might be caused by a wide variety of factors, ranging from brain defects to allergies to giftedness. ADD, as currently defined, is a highly subjective description, not a specific disease.
Confusion and controversy is caused by the tendency of some mental health professionals to assume that everyone diagnosed with ADD has some mysterious, irreversible brain defect. This assumption has its roots in the very first group of severely ADD people ever studied, who suffered from encephalitis, or a swelling of the brain. We also have learned that birth defects and brain injury from toxic chemicals such as lead often cause ADD. However, over the last several decades the ADD diagnostic criteria have been so broadened as to include many people with no brain defects at all. Experts in the fields of temperament and creativity have objected that perfectly healthy people are being classified as disordered.
|5 Best Natural Cures for ADD in Adults|
- Advantage of almonds
- Almond is the boon of nature to mankind, to keep you both physically and mentally fit. It has several advantages in improvement of physical conditions. Also, it has a very good effect in improving your memory and concentration. The main problem that is caused by ADD is the lack of concentration. This can be overcome by consuming almonds regularly. You can consume it every morning by mixing it with milk.
- Facts about fatty acids
- Omega 3, fatty acid has several advantages and helps you in everything like maintaining your skin, improving your memory and in maintaining good physical condition. This is especially required for proper functioning of the brain. These are naturally found in human brain and helps in its functioning.
- To activate your brain further and to improve the mental capability, this can be consumed regularly in the form of tablets. Consumable items like olive oil and flax seeds are also rich in fatty acids, which can be consumed regularly, to improve fatty acid content of your brain.
- Ghee gives memory
- Ghee, a milk product, not just adds taste to the food, but also adds lot of essentials to your body. This mainly helps in calming down the nerves and also in enhancing your memory capacity. Just one spoon of ghee in the diet will be enough in overcoming the restlessness and hyperactivity that you face when affected by ADD.
- Fennel seeds
- It is scientifically proven that fennel seeds have soothing effect on central nervous system. It also has other good effects like cooling up the body. So, you can take it up regularly even if you do not find any symptoms of ADD in you. If you are looking for some serious cure for ADD, this helps in that case too. You can add this to water and drink the water after leaving it overnight.
- Basil leaves
- Basil leaves are of great medicinal value and one of it uses is in curing ADD. It can effectively improve your mental capability and help you organize your tasks effectively. This will also help in improving concentration. It can be eaten raw, after cleaning it up with water. You can also make it a paste and consume by mixing it with honey.
- There are also other memory enhancers, which can be added up in your daily diet. Apart from taking up healthy diet, it is extremely important to do some mental exercise like meditation and yoga. This can help you, relaxing your nerve cells and bring you out from the effects of ADD.